We invited Si to take over the blog for February and asked him to share a little of his life with us!
So here's "10 Things About Simon You May Not Know":
- I once skateboarded from Hammersmith Apollo to Windsor Castle (24 miles) with 50 people dressed as Santa.
- My first ever album (bought on tape) was 'Tragic Kingdom' by No Doubt.
- Damo (lead singer) and I jammed with Levi Roots in Brixton. I know what you're thinking and the answer is yes, we did play the 'Reggae Reggae Sauce' song.
- My current favourite artist is Erlende Oye. He seems to have the Midas touch.. Apart from the electronic album he did, I just can't get into that.
- I am learning British sign language at the moment.. I did a really good bit of it just then, shame you weren't here to see it.
- I have jumped off of the longest wooden jetty in the Southern Hemisphere. Believe me, that's nowhere near as impressive as it sounds.
- I have done the UK's highest tandem skydive from 15,000 ft. That is as impressive as it sounds.
- A musical side project Damo and I were involved with had a YouTube video tweeted by B-Real from Cypress Hill. The video is a cover of one of their songs:
- My favourite acoustic guitar has a hole where a woman in stilettos stood on it. It added to the character of an already well-worn guitar.
- My favourite musical discussion is the quest for the 'best song intro'. The guy who introduced me to this all important quest maintains that it's Marvin Gaye 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine'… to be fair it's a tough one to beat.